- Enclosed, you will find your whitening kit from Smilox.com Your kit contains custom fit upper and lower bleaching trays, storage case, and your bleaching gels.
Before beginning your bleaching process, try on trays for fit and comfort. Any areas that are uncomfortable may be trimmed with a pair of scissors. However, cutting too much of tray can lead to poorly fitting trays.
Remember, this procedure is used to whiten stains due to coffee, tea, smoking, or aging. It does not remove tartar build-up.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Place a small pea size drop of gel into each tooth compartment in the tray. Place gel only in the compartments of the teeth you want bleached. Generally, most people bleach their front 8-10 teeth (on the front sides of their teeth).
|| · Place one drop of gel in each
tooth you want bleached.
- Place trays with gel in the mouth making sure they are completely seated. When seating trays, do not press too firmly on the tray. This will cause the bleaching gel to extrude from the trays.
- Remove excess bleaching gel from around the edge of the bleaching tray with your fingers or your toothbrush.
- Wear your bleaching trays for a minimum of 4 hours during the day. If you choose, you can wear your trays while you sleep for a minimum of 4 hours.
|| · Wear your trays for a minimum 4 hours.
(times may differ depending on gel type)
- After whitening your teeth for a minimum of 4 hours, remove the trays. Brush and rinse your teeth to remove excess bleaching gels.
- Clean your trays by gently brushing them with your toothbrush and rinsing them with cold water. Do not boil your trays or use hot water. Doing so will distort and damage them. Place trays in the storage case and keep in cool, dry place.
- Continue bleaching process once daily until you are satisfied with the whitening procedure. Store any remaining gel in the refrigerator for later use.
- Whitened teeth will always be lighter than they were prior to the bleaching process. Although rare, some patients may never need to repeat this process. However, others will notice their teeth acquiring stains over a period of time. If so, they will need to do a touch-up process for one or two nights every 3-6 months